Hi everyone, Lou Sims here sharing another project using wonderful Tonic Studios dies and stamps.
What I adore about these dies, is that your finished card folds flat and fits perfectly inside an A5 envelope.
In the video below you can see detailed instructions to create this card
ABOUT MY CARD
- I began by stamping the beautiful stamp twice on to Craft Perfect Ultra Smooth card.
- One of these images will make the background layers/panels and the other will be used to create floral embellishments.
- I have used Marble Statue from the Merry & Bright Nuvo Diamond Hybrid set as I wanted to try a no-lines colouring technique.
- All the images have been coloured with Nuvo Creative Pens and few extra highlights added with a white pen & Nuvo Crystal Glaze.
To join the panels of my twister card, I have used one of the matting & layer dies on the back but on the front,.
Next, I stamped a banner & sentiment using Celebrate Success stamp set – also from Garden party collection.
The die-cut sentiment is from the “On your Day Twister dies” and I have cut it twice in black and added a shadow layer in white.
I have decided to use 3D foam on my decorative panels and although this does not add too much height, this design would still work if all the panels were stuck directly to the base layer.
The photo below shows the card “flat” and even with the overhanging floral stamped embellishments, this card still comfortably within an A5 envelope.
NUVO CREATIVE MARKERS USED
To add colours to the flowers I used :
- 432 Violet Breeze
- 434 Wild Thistle
- 435 Lilac grey
- Blender pen
To add colours to the leaves I used :
- 417 Hunter Green
- 416 Vine Leaf
- 412 Pea Pod
- 491 Black Smoke
- Nuvo Crystal Glaze
- Nuvo Prickly Pear sequins
I do love using my stamps to create my backgrounds as it is a great way to ensure that you can be in charge of the colours that suit the project & the person your card is being sent to.
Do you use stamps to create your backgrounds? We’d love to see what you have been creating with your Tonic Studios stamps.
Until next time, Lou.
The post On Your Day Creator Twister Die set +Flora Background Stamp appeared first on Tonic Studios Blog.