Hi everyone! It’s Galina here and today I’m sharing a cute slider/peek-a-boo card using some adorable stamp sets such as Little Something For Harry Stamp Set and Marmalade’s World Stamp Set, which is on discount now by the way.
When I first saw the cute set with a little dog, I immediately decided that I would make a slider card with a hidden surprise, where the dog must jump out of the mountain of envelopes
First, I thought to make a card with only the dog. However, when I was thinking about the details for the card, I noticed an image of a hedgehog that could seem surprised at the appearance of the doggie so I added it into the scene.
How I made this card you can see in this video.
I keep my card simple to make the focal point on a slider element. I made quick colouring with alcohol markers and I also did some ink blending.
How to Make this card
- Prepare a card base and a white card panel
- Cut out a circle in the centre of the card panel
- Stamp a critter on the right side of the circle die cut and cover the image with a mask
- Apply light green ink on the bottom and two shades of blue inks on the top of the masked image.
- Use dark green ink to stamp the grass
- On another piece of cardstock stamp a dog, a flower and several envelopes
- Color all images and cut them out.
- Glue a little flower to the dog image.
- Cut a slit on the left side of the circle die-cut to create the slider.
- Make a DIY slider “holder” from a piece of scrap paper like in the picture below and as I show in the video.
- Next, attach this holder to the white stripe of paper
- Insert slider mechanism in the slit created in the circle die cut.
- Keep the long stripe of paper behind the circle die cut.
- Glue the dog image on the holder.
- Foam mount the circle die cut and card panel on the card base. For this die-cut use 1mm foam pads and for card panel – 2 mm foam pads.
- Adhere to envelopes images on the left side of the card panel to hide the dog
- Add the sentiment and few Nuvo drops.