Hello, crafty friends! Marie here from MARIE NICOLE DESIGNS, where I blog and offer YouTube videos on cardmaking tips, techniques, and inspiration. I am so excited to be here to share a fun, masked scene on this Christmas Card featuring the Tonic Studios stamp set, CELEBRATE LIFE. Taking a few small images from a stamp set and masking them is a great way to build a scene and get more mileage out of your stamps!
I have some short instructions below on how I created this card, and I also have a full video tutorial if you are interested in watching the process!
- Using your stamp platform, place your first image on the cardstock where you want it.
- Stamp image using Nuvo’s Hybrid Black Shadow ink
- Stamp the same image onto post-it paper and fussy cut
- Use your post-it mask to cover the stamped image on your card front
- Stamp additional images around your masked image
- Remove the mask to reveal your stamped sccene!
- Keep adding masks and stamping your images until you are satisfied with your results
- Color all your images, and fussy cut them out
- Use a little Nuvo Hybrid ink to add some color to your background
- Use some Expanding Mousse and a stencil to add puffy stars
- Add your stamped and colored images over the background using both liquid glue and foam adhesive
- Add a sentiment with a Tonic Sentiment Strip die
- Finish card with a little extra shimmer by brushing with an Aqua Shimmer Pen
I hope you love this card as much as I do! This was so fun to create, and using your stamp sets to mask a scene opens up so many card making possibilities!
Until next time,
The post Masking a Christmas Scene Using Celebrate Life Stamp Set appeared first on Tonic Studios Blog.