Hello everyone! This is Galina. and today I want to share with you a pretty shaker card and some tips to make it.
To make this card, I used beautiful Tonic Studios – Best Wishes Sentiment Die Set, it consists of two dies, which gives you more ways to play with it, but I used only wain floral die in this card.
I applied an inlaid die cutting technique to easily achieve a colourful design using only die cuts.
In the video below I show you in detail how to make this card
To save time working in this technique it’s very helpful to use Craft Perfect double-sided adhesive sheets.
With such type of adhesive, it will easier to adhere any die cut even a delicate like this wreath.
How to make this card
- Cut out two panels from white cardstock (size 5 -1/2″ x 4- 1/4″ inches)
- Adhere a piece of the double-sided adhesive sheet on the back of one card panel and cut out a wreath from this panel.
- Remove the backing of the double-sided adhesive at the back of the die cut panel and place a piece of acetate behind the window.
- Next, cut out a sentiment from the wreath and colour the flowers using alcohol markers
- Remove the backing of the double-sided adhesive sheet behind the wreath die cut and carefully stick the coloured wreath in the die cut window.
- Apply Nuvo hybrid inks on a second panel using a blending tool
- Adhere the sentiment on that inked panel. this will go behind the acetate window.
- Add sequins
- Foam mount the first card panel on the second one to create the shaker just like I sow in the video.
- Glue the card panels onto a card base
You could embellish your card with some Nuvo drops. Today I decided to keep my card clean and simple.
That’s all for today.
I hope you will try this technique and will have fun with shaker cards.
Have a nice day!
Supplies US shop