Something a little different from me this time - all made with Tonic's gorgeous dies.
The clock base has been cut with the outer die from the square vine indulgence set. The dial of the clock is cut with a die from the bow rings die set. The butterflies are all from the lovely new Butterflies and blooms set currently featuring on Create and Craft TV.
The wonderful thing about Tonics dies is you get a perfect cut every time. I only used one type of card for this whole project. White hammered finish card.
To make the clock sturdy enough, I cut four of the base square shapes and glued them together with slightly watered down Tacky glue. I then placed them in some non stick kitchen paper and weighed them down overnight under a pile of heavy books just to make sure they dried nice and flat. I cut the beautiful Monarch arch die three times and glued together in the same way.
I used a silver ink pad to highlight certain areas and also heat embossed a few butterflies to add on top.
The clock face I found on the internet and printed to 10.5cm diameter to fit in the center of my die. I used my inkjet printer and then directly sprinkled the print with clear embossing powder and heated so as to seal the ink.
The clock mechanism and hands I bought on Ebay. The mechanism has a little loop on the back so is easy to hang on the wall. The hands only came in a sky blue colour and didn't show up enough, so I coloured them with a black Sharpie. I also stuck the little butterfly onto the second hand, so now he flies round and round.
I've been wanting to make a paper clock for ages, and now that I have, my head is full of lots of other clock ideas! But you know what they say...time flies when you're having fun.