Guess who was having a play with her flower punches?
1. It all started innocently enough - I printed off my Cheeky Parrot digi image
, coloured it with Promarkers and decided to cut it out with my little Tonic Studios scissors.
Then, as I looked at it I had the idea of making lots of tropical looking flowers and creating a "jungle" effect! Just as well, then that I kept the actual card white and didn't add any patterned paper!
2. Next, I decided to use my new Tonic Studios Shape Mate Starter Pack
with the Oval shapes to create an aperture in the card front, so I used the smallest oval and cut around the outside.
3. I cut another piece of card to fit inside the front ie the same height but 1cm wider to allow for gluing and stuck it to the inside.
4. This time I cut an oval on the 2nd "page"to fit exactly inside the first oval but using the inside of the Shape Mate Oval template.
5. To make the "Tropical" leaves, I used the Tonic Studio Classic Heart punch
, Craft Tacky Glue
, turquoise card, a little green wire and a paper crimper.
6 .I added a little Craft Tacky Glue
to the middle if the heart then folded it in half with the wire in the centre.
Pinch the heart tightly in the centre over the wire to keep it in place.
7. I fed the "leaf" through the crimper at an angle to create veins.
8. After a lot of punching flowers using the fabulous Petal Pairs
, mini Daisy
, Multi Detail Flower
. mini Flower head
and mini Butterfly
, I added some pen detail and a gem before adding the finished flowers to the different layers of the card.
A bit different for me but I hope you like it!