This is a step by step photo tutorial showing how to use the new Tonic Studios Double Detail Die and Stencil Sets.
How to use the sets:
1. Position the die on your card and secure with masking tape.
2. This is the sandwich which you use for cutting the die in the Tonic Studios Tangerine die cutting machine. From bottom to top - Orange Die Cutting Plate, card of choice ( for best results use 240 gsm), Die (cutting edge facing down into the card) and White Top Plate.
3. This is how it will look from the side when the plates are stacked directly on top of each other ready to go into the die cutting machine.
4. Pass the sandwich through the die cutting machine and then remove the die from the card. It will have cut the intricate pattern.
5. This is the sandwich you will need to use to emboss the pattern onto the diecut. From bottom to top - Green Die Embossing Plate, Green Embossing Mat, card, die ( cutting edge facing down into the card) and White Top Plate.
6. This is how it will look from the side when the plates are stacked directly on top of each other ready to go into the die cutting machine.
7. Pass the sandwich through the die cutting machine and then remove the die from the card. It will have embossed the detail onto the intricate pattern.
8. Using the embossed pattern as a guide, attach the stencil on top of the die cut. You will be able to see the raised areas showing through the stencil. Make sure you attach this stencil securely on top as you do not want it to move at all in the next stage. I have used masking tape but you could also use Stick and Spray etc.
There are several different ways you can finish decorating the stencil eg colour with inks through the apertures, heat emboss, colour with alcohol markers or apply mousse etc.
8. To use the Tonic Studios Nuvo Embellishment Mousse, take a small amount of mousse from the pot on a small spatula.
9. Spread thinly over the stencil making sure that all the open areas are covered but also that the mousse does not get over the edge of the stencil on to the card.
10. Remove the stencil carefully to reveal the results and leave for a short time to dry.
You can also draw through the stencil with a fine nibbed pen and colour the stencilled areas with the Tonic Studios Nuvo markers to create this effect.