Christmas Advent Stars
Tools: Tonic Studios Decorative Star Die Set, Grand Calibur, Silhouette Cameo
Paper and Card: K&Co, DCWV, Stardream
Embellishments: Double satin ribbon rope, glitter
So here are my tips for this project:
- I won't lie, this is time-consuming! It took me about a day in total to complete, so if you want to have this ready for 1st December, plan the amount of time it will need (unless you've got some willing helpers, in which case it will make a fun family project).
- I used 4 different styles of patterned card to make my stars (so 6 boxes of each pattern), but all backed in the same colour of aqua stardream cardstock. You should be able to cut 9 star shapes from a sheet of 12" cardstock. You will need 24 patterned fronts.
- Do include the little door on the back die cuts, it very much helps when you are assembling your star boxes, especially for the final tabs on each box, as well as being the way to pop a tasty treat into each day's star. Low tack tape will help ensure it's in the same place on each box.
- Use Tonic Studios Craft Tacky Glue to stick the boxes, double-sided tape or tape runners will not give a long-lasting result.
- I worked on making two boxes contemporaneously, this allows a little drying time for the glue between each stage which gives a better result. So, I'd score both boxes, stick the first two tabs on box 1, then move onto doing the same on box 2, then move back to box 1 for the next step and so on.
Apologies for the poor photography, the light here is terrible and I had to use flash, which gives such a harsh result. However, I do have a few additional photos of this Star Box Christmas Advent Calendar on my blog.
Hope you all have a great weekend and are starting on your Christmas projects too!