I've been making cards and boxes with some of the new Tonic dies and it's time for another tutorial. This time I'm going to show you how I made this little gift box using the Happy Birthday Sentiment
A4 white card
Die cutting machine
Scoring board (or embossing tool and ruler)
1. Use the outer die to cut 2 squares.
2. Use the next die to cut out the pattern.
3. Do not use the next square die but use the two smallest dies to cut out the pattern and a small square in the centre of both shapes.
4. Take the A4 sheet of white card and trim according to the template above.
5. Score and fold the little flaps at the sides as shown.
6. Score and fold the centre part as shown.
7. Turn the "box" over and add DST along the outside edges of the flaps.
8. Glue the die cuts to the panels.
9. Insert the smallest die into the centre and tape in place (you'll feel it "click" into the correct position) and pass through your die cutting machine..
10. Do the same on the other panel.
11. Add a little square of acetate behind each aperture with DST.
12. To finish, fold the sides of the box up and attach with the DST which you already have in place. Hold the front and back together and punch a hole in the centre.
Add ribbon through the hole - and place the gift inside :)
Don't forget you can see more of my creations on my blog - A Passion For Cards
See you soon with more :)